In attempt to create a less dry than your usual "Hello World" ASP.NET application to showcase UltiDev Cassini Web Server, I decided to write a simple web-based MP3 player application using Maсromedia (now Adobe) Flash. I was very surprised by how long and frustrating was my search for a free .NET-based API allowing programmatic access to ID3 tags in MP3 files from C# and VB.NET. I started working with something I found on Codeproject.com, but that piece turned out to be buggy beyond any degree of practicality. My second sweep across Internet yielded a much better (if only somewhat over-engineered) solution - the UltraID3Lib. Its UltraID3 class is the starting point of the journey. The library worked out for me very well. Thumbs up.